- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Marketing What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Write By You collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Personal identification information of the child or young person registering (Name, email if over 16 yrs, date of birth etc.)
- The school year and school attending of the child or young person registering
- Two emergency contacts for the child or young person attending and their personal identification information (incl. Name, email, phone number address, and relationship to the child or young person)
- Relevant medical information for the child or young person registering (GP Name, GP surgery, current medication, allergies etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Write By You with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to take part in our workshops
- Fill out and return a registration form
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via online survey or email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
- We collect your data so that we can:
- Book a place in our workshops
- Contact you with updates to workshop information or changes
- Contact you to discuss you/your child’s work or any other issues that may come up
- Contact you in emergencies should we need to
- Email you with information about how the project is developing and future celebration events
How do we store your data?
- Write By You securely stores your data online via Google Drive. Google Drive folders are stored in secure, encrypted data centres.
- On occasion Write By You may store hard copies of your registration forms to take to any workshops that happen in person. These will be kept in a locked location at the registered address for the person in charge of Write By You
- Your data will be kept for 6 months after you/your child’s last day as a registered member. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from Google Drive and shred any hard copies which will then be disposed of via a secure recycling facility.
- It may be necessary, at times, to take personal identification information, emergency contact information and medical information in hard form to a workshop to be on hand in case of emergency. This information will be returned immediately after class to be kept in a locked and secure location at the registered address for the person in charge of Write By You
What are your data protection rights?
Write By You would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Write By You for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Write By You correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Write By You to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Write By You erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Write By You restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Write By You’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Write By You transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Monitor your orders
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Write By You uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Write By You uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us at: 07854756753
Write to us at: 36 Manchester Road, London, N15 6HP
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Write By You has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Telephone number: 0303 123 1113